Wednesday 22 May 2013

How Can I Set Up My Parents' Computer To Avoid Future Problems?

If you're the one that friends and family call when there's a computer problem, you know the level of frustration that can bring. If you're the one that gets to configure the computer for them in the first place, you can at least attempt to minimize future problems. But it's not always a clear path. Have any advice for a fellow reader?

Thinking Proactively writes:

My parents just bought a new computer. They are always calling on me to fix what they have messed up on their system and I'm sure they are going to have a hard time getting used to the new format of Windows 8. Honestly, I'm not even familiar with it yet as I use Windows 7. What should I do to their computer now to avoid issues or make it easier on me to fix the system without having to visit them every week?

Thanks!

Have some advice for Thinking Proactively? Post it below!

Do you have a problem that needs solving and want help from the Lifehacker community? Email us at tips+wyp@lifehacker.com and we might post it. The best questions are broad enough to apply to other people and have many possible answers (so that you can get lots of opinions from your fellow readers). If you have a question that's specific to you or only has a single solution, send an email to tips@lifehacker.com instead.

Source: http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/lifehacker/full/~3/AkWQRFqPAnI/how-can-i-set-up-my-parents-computer-to-avoid-future-p-508998215

angus t. jones monday night football monday night football SEC Championship Game 2012 kansas city chiefs Javon Belcher express

No comments:

Post a Comment