Wednesday 17 July 2013

Where do you find your inspiration? | G.L. Berg Entertainment ...

All G.L. Berg Entertainment Performing Artists & Speakers? acts have a story on who has inspired their careers. Featured act, ?Kenny Ahern is lucky enough to have performed at a venue that is dedicated to one of his inspirations.

by:? Kenny Ahern

?One of my earliest memories of my youth, was sitting in the family room with my family watching the classic television variety shows:? The Carol Burnett Show; The Flip Wilson Hour; The Jackie Gleason Show and early in my youth, The Red Skelton Show. A little piece of all of these comedy stars are embedded in my sense of comedy. However, Mr. Red Skelton is?by far, my most influential inspiration of those television greats. His comic sensibility and humbleness is what I aspire to achieve every time I walk on stage. This is why I was so honored to have been asked to perform at The Red Skelton Performing Arts Center in Mr. Skelton?s hometown of Vincennes, IN.

If it was not enough to perform in?such a hallowed space, I was also given a rare opportunity to tour the Red Skelton private collection at the University of Vincennes. I saw television show scripts, viewed original artwork, and much to my delight, I was able to hold the tattered costume hat of one of Mr Skelton?s most endearing characters, Freddy The Freeloader. I swear the hat glowed when I held it respectfully in my hands? while wearing white archivist gloves.

As a child watching moving images from a box filled with tubes, I would have never imagined in a million years the journey I would take to actually performing at the venue dedicated to my comedy inspiration, and the magic of holding in my hands the very same hat I saw on television so many years ago. Who would have guessed, that I would also be lucky enough to meet and share a dinner with Mr. Skelton? a story for another time. I am truly a fortunate fellow.?

Kenny Ahern admires a mural of his comedy inspiration

Source: http://www.glberg.com/2013/07/where-do-you-find-your-inspiration/

Pia Zadora chicago blackhawks Alexandra Lenas Secret Life of the American Teenager zynga PNC Bank floyd mayweather

No comments:

Post a Comment